Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 10

Day 10- More crazy bureaucracy. CH and I head over to the good ol' Banco do Brazil and see about getting me the equivalent of a social security number. The woman with the smoker's deep voice ask lots of questions looks like she had been sad all of the last decade and gives us some sort of paper with a number that represents me. We have been trying to get various forms of paper work so I get the driver's license, legal wedding, and eventually a bank account and business. All of these things take a lot of paperwork a lot of stamping, various dead ends, and sometimes end like today where we showed up with a days worth of paperwork to the brazilian DMV (DETRAN)and are so kindly informed that as of March ALL foreigners can legally drive with a foreign driver's license for up to 6 months! So you will never guess who got behind the wheel on the way home! That's right- I did. I got my drive on in Sao Paulo for the first time and it wasn't as bad as I thought although I did get cut off two or three times within ten minutes.

A few hours later I give myself a haircut and offer CH's dad one too and he accepts.

Later that night.. it is Wednesday jam out and eat awesome Korean food night at the loft and Simon (See mo'n) and I jam like our guitars are reproducing and making little baby gibson and squire stratocaster babies of their very own. But seriously, twas awesome as it was another one of those can-do-no-wrong guitar sessions that just lift you. After our guest prepared an amazing meal of spicy korean style spaghetti and Korean soup, we chat a bit, and I head to bed. go day 10!

love to my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment